Simple Automatic Awning Measuring Instructions
No matter what type of blind you require, measuring your windows is easy with our simple instructions.
- Tape measure (metal ones are best)
- Pen and paper
When the blinds are required to hang outside the window recess.
Automatic Outdoor Awnings are generally fitted to the Face work of housing to cover windows.
As a general rule of thumb the width of the blind should be 200mm wider than the window opening. 100mm per side. This can vary depending on the circumstances or clients request.
The drop usually is the size of the window + 200mm to allow the headbox to clear the window. This may vary again on the circumstances or clients request.
- All of our blinds are made to measure. Please follow the instructions carefully. Make sure you take your measurements using a STEEL rule or tape.
- Take all your measurements in millimetres (mm).
- When measuring, always look out for things like window handles or tiles and take their position into account if necessary, to ensure a perfect fit.
- When taking measurements please follow this helpful rule - "measure once, measure twice and measure again to be sure!".